Wednesday 15 June 2011

Maldives: Day Four.

Dear J,
I am sitting out on the deck of the coffee shop/bar, wearing tiny shorts and a huge top. I have in front of me a lovely goblet of coffee with Kahlua in it. The sunset is, sadly, covered by trees, and I don't want to move as I only just got my coffee. It's delicious.



J, I've been away from the internet for four whole days, which is more than has happened in a long time. I have completely dropped off the radar. No phone, no internet, nothing. Unplugged.
I only wish I could unplug my mind. 
Oui, it is all erased here, by the wind and the waves, but I fear it will hit me worse than ever when I get back. But. One can't only live in fear, eh? The only connections I have right now are in my head, to people I'm writing to. Though if I want total solitude, even that's cheating.


This place, filled with couples. Of the younger ones, the women are mostly drop-dead gorgeous, and the men are, well, not. Though there are exceptions. Afternoon seems to be photoshoot time. All the bikini-clad ladies (I've only seen one one-piece swimsuit here) go posing, the men get shutter-happy. Can't help but think we'd have laughed our asses off. 
Waiters here are always delighted to hear I'm Indian. They don't get many Indians here, said the waiter who collected my coffee. 



No comments: