Thursday 22 May 2008

Bliss or something like it....

As of day-before-yesterday....

Now listening: Lucy in the Sky. The Beatles. Hooked on to it, in fact. Dunno why I like it so much. It's got the most drugged lyrics ever, like something out of a child's drawings, daydreams.But I still love it. By the way, Ellie, listen to the song, the girl with kaleidoscope eyes is you. First person I thought of.

Now drinking: My usual mocha. They finally got the cream just the way I like it. "Long time, huh?" the barista says to me....yeah, it's been a while.

Current state of mind: Happy. Who wouldn't be? Beach+mocha+best friend of all time. I mean, after so long, just listening to him talk, no worries at all, on my favourite wall at the Shatti. Just how we both thought it'd be, No uncomfortable silences. I got a pretty good education about the best lyricists in the world.....also about the great books that I (criminal!!) haven't yet read.......hey, you still have to make that list, remember?
Oh yes, It was almost the typical convos over coffee thing......though better, much better.
Being the byatch that I am, I read his latest journal entry (and conveniently forgot to show him my little-gothicky-black journal...hee-hee-hee.) and being the narcissist that I am....enjoyed it. Yeah, I'm pretty blissed out is what I'm saying.....Just.....happy.
The best hugs ever, the kind I've been searching for...for a whole year.....No one, no one else has ever given me hugs like that.

As of today:

Grrmf. I have to start studying. No, really. I-have-to-start-regular-study. And keep the anger levels down. Though not really all that angry-pissed today.....today is materialistic happiness.
Went vacation shopping, my dad bought me Columbia trekking boots for almost no reason, I mean I told him Nike would be ok, but noooooooooooooo..... Well, I ain't complaining.... :)
With irritation, I went off bra-shopping, trying to find something that was practical, cotton, simple, and also my size. Sadly, finding all these together seemed near impossible. After considerable searching, I finally find two. Mom's not happy, they're black. she steers me toward a baby-pink specimen.....I blanch. Black's fine, thank you.
I pick up a pair of shorts and hunt for trial room. Sigh. These ladies, they're cunning strategists, they go in two at a time and try on stuff, then one gets out and brings more stuff in. I swear, one pair stayed in so long (I hadn't seen them go in...) I seriously thought..............never mind........
Suddenly bump into afore-mentioned hug-giver's mom.....Jog off to bookstore-starbucks, to find not him, but his little brother, who informs me that he's off watching Indiana Jones..."everyone's there...."
Grumble.
I drown my pissed-off-ness, at the dressing-room ladies and the fact that nothing fits, in a slice of blueberry cheesecake. As I said, today was materialistic happiness.

Now reading: Animal's people. As with most things, I can't tell what I like so much about it.

5 comments:

Occasional Brilliance said...

me is reading the plays of Sophocles... so not really blissed out... but close to it cuz im about to finish...

Unknown said...

I do read...
See...
Proof....

busy-writer said...

funny. but my mum refuses to buy black bras for me.. bugs me with pink and white always!!!

VenkyMarg said...

you like barista or starbucks and i had a very incident at barista i had starbucks frappy and was sitting in barista since my grandmom didnt want to come up and sit with me in bucks since she is on a wheelchair so i was like fine well go to barista the barista sprang up didnt let me sit untill i threw the starbukcs in the dustbin so i finshed my coffee away far frm the vicinty of the smell of barista and then came and sat. coffee has its own value and dignity.

Mystique said...

2 bubbles: Sophocles....haha...how're they? I never had much patience with plays....

2 Aiman: yeah, yeah.

2 mon: Pink/white? bechari. I like black. didn't really have any decent black ones except for a lacy one which is (now) misshapen and rather itchy. white, many, and I've now taken to buying various colours. tired of boring white.

2 venky: lol, but barista and starbucks are competitors, whaddya expect...