Tuesday 30 November 2010

One Random Memory. Some updates.

Once, I was given a butterfly.

It must've been four years ago, maybe.
I was waiting for him, in an empty school. Perched on the bar of a free-standing basketball hoop, a few feet above the ground. A couple of small girls chattered away by my side, I was supposed to be watching them.
Suddenly, I'm shoved in the back. I involuntarily jump off the bar and turn to see him. standing there.
He grins at me, his fist is raised.

The fist opens, releasing an orange butterfly, which flits away.

In the background of my mind, I hear the little girls chorus "Ewwwww!" but I'm too busy smiling.

To date, that remains the most unusual thing anyone's ever done for me.
But then again, he was never a conventional guy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I haven't written in over a month. I haven't been feeling it. I've been low, and I've tried to raise my spirits. In many ways.
A large part of my Diwali break was spent chilling in and around Bombay. I got a new camera. It's my baby. I'm delighted, yes.

Another birthday has come and gone. It started well, and ended better...thanks to my lovely, lovely friends. And in the middle, I had to attend college. The night, well, it had flames, and it had cake. And wonderful people.
I don't feel any older or wiser, really. But age, it's in the head, isn't it? I feel ageless.
I am ageless.

4 comments:

Sakshi said...

age is nothing but a number! Happy belated birthday :)

Anil P said...

Ah time, such a fickle mistress, passing one moment, stilling another.

Jack said...

Mystique,

BELATED MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY. MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE. Do tell the date so I can wish you in time next time. At times a very small gesture leaves a long lasting impression on mind. Age is what you feel.

Take care

vC said...

nice...
u write simple and nice sentences. just stumbled upon here. will read further and further