Saturday 17 May 2008

Oh..........the heat!!

It's hot. REALLY hot. Like in the 40s. Urgh, this isn't supposed to happen till I leave for holidays....why is this happening......
The heat, it gets into our skin, the sweat it gets through our clothes and our hair and every part of us....the A/C, the fan, all on full blast, yet we are not cooled......
I could do a busy_writer inspired post to tell you exactly HOW very hot and sweaty I am (purely temperature related, mind you)....But I won't. Well not exactly. Although this heat makes me want to claw my skin off. And Wednesday's basketball match, I wouldn't have minded playing shirtless and barefoot..(yeah, I play basketball. to fill the team. VERY badly.)....everytime I stopped running I could just feel the heat radiating off me. I bet if you tied both the teams together and wired us up to something, we'd probably be able to provide central heating for all of Siberia.
And I thought the cold was bad this year.
Meanwhile, the beast...er, sorry, best friend is back. Bloody lucky, I tell ya, him and his ex-12th grade friends haven't been home in three days straight. They're having insane fun. Damn I wish I could do that....sit at the beach all day, all night, go roaming with no boundaries....dayum.

The only thing keeping me alive right now is the thought of the Manali trip in two weeks.
I think I might actually experience my first fainting fit this year.

8 comments:

Occasional Brilliance said...

know what you're going through... the humidity kills me...

Ashmita said...

Ah.. you're not alone in your time of misery.
And that i refer both to the idiotic heat AND rushi making u feel jealous with his rampage..er.. his painting muscat red.( tho i think its probably already red due to the heat)
Good luck!

P.S- just came across your blog. Nice. I like. :D

busy-writer said...

now, i can laugh. :P

genuinely funny post. lol. but, wouldnt your feet burn if you went barefoot? lol.

Anuj said...

I empathize with you. The point is that, is it me or the world is steadily getting hotter? Anyway, you do get used to it, and after a while and you stop noticing it, at least I do.

Enjoy your vacations in Manali, just remember to pack warm, by warm I mean warm. Take a portable heat source along with you or something (take this along, think a generator powering a microwave source), especially if you want to go up all the way to the pass. I felt cold even though I had 3 sweaters on.

Oh yeah I nearly forgot, you don't have to go all the way to siberia it's already melting.

Mihir Pathare said...

*I* was the portable heat source during my class trip to Mussoorie.

Not that I'm complaining too much. :)

VenkyMarg said...

pass outs and fun gell along very well my friend you have a year to go and i have like 3 years to go so dont whine and beat the heat.

Mystique said...

2 bubbles: ugh ugh ugh....where dyou live?

2 ashmita: hello, hello.....
muscat's just hazy...or maybe it's my head....you are familiar with rushi?

2 mon: ah, what stopped you from laughing before huh?? lol, and no, it was an indoor court (our school finally got one) but the A/Cs weren't installed yet.

2 anuj: thing is, whenever it's been this hot, I was always in mumbai. so i didn't get the heat.ah, yeah, last years himalayan trek i wore 4 layers at night, still froze.

2 taurius: o-kaaaaaaay

2 venky: lol.....1 week for manaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....freak out....

Ashmita said...

yes, i am the familiars with the rushis.
I had the misfortune being in the same college as him the last 2 years.
I really never knew why he would leave muscat to join such a sad ass college, and an even worse education system.
Although i do have another theory of the goverment of muscat banning him from the country for 2years.

BUT that'd take a whole lotta time.